Friday, April 9, 2010

Eco- Friendly Friday!

From now on, every Friday I'm going to share with you guys some quick tips and Eco-Friendly stuff about my week! Sort of like a Tips of The Day but there will be more than just one! Like the picture? I made it especially for this (: I thought I did a good job! So for this Eco-Friendly Friday, I'm just talking about things that interested me this week. 


At my gym, they have a huge jug of water. Now, I usually bring my own reusable water bottle but I ran (literally) to the gym. So I just got water there. When I went to go get a cup I realized that they were using cups that were made from 20% recycled materials. It made me smile that they actually cared! So I searched online for good eco-friendly disposable cups and I found great ones! They are made from all corn and you can check them out here! They are called Green Stripe Corn Cups!


Right now is the perfect season to plant Strawberries! My mother and I were shopping around for a good strawberry pot! Oddly enough, we actually found one at TJ Maxx for 14 dollars and it was a good sized pot! We bought that right away and then we bough some strawberry plants. We haven't quite planted them yet so I can show you what it looks like but we will try to plant them this weekend. Then I'll keep you all updated! My mother and I have never actually grown Strawberries but we have grown Tomatoes and they have turned out great! Just make sure if and when you buy any type of fruit or veggie read and see how much sunlight and water they need! Well that's all I have for this Eco-Friendly Friday! Be sure to check back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Bookmark and Share



Do Something Foundation.


Add this to your blog or website!

Don't Be Mean, Go Green!

Best Green Blogs