Sunday, July 25, 2010

Put Your Clothes On A Line!

Its Summer and its hot in most places. This Season is probably one of the hardest to eco-ofy. The reason is its hot which means people are going to be cranking up the AC and running water hoses 24/7. Every time I see a water hose left out running in the grass it makes me flinch and I think how many gallons of water are being wasted! Anyway, I have found a great way to save some energy (and money!) that will hopefully make up for some of that water being wasted! Instead of drying clothes, just hang them up on a line to dry. This will help cut your energy bill quite some bit! The problem with this tip is that it really only works in places that are dry and hot instead of humid and hot (sorry Floridians). But, there is a way to save money and the Earth even in those humid climates. It may not work to hang out your clothes (considering it'll take a good three days for them to fully dry!) so try drying (and washing) during off-peak hours. Off-peak hours are the hours that are priced cheaper because they aren't being used as frequently. To figure out the times click here.

1 comment:

  1. Even people in Florida and other places can air dry. I simply use a laundry drying rack and I use it inside over night same as I use it all winter since I do not own a dryer for my family of four. It really is a simple way to save money and energy.

    ReplyDelete


Bookmark and Share



Do Something Foundation.


Add this to your blog or website!

Don't Be Mean, Go Green!

Best Green Blogs